1. If she ___________ about his financial situation, she would have helped him out.
had been knowing
2. I'll ______________ their cat while they are away on holiday.
be looking into
be looking at
be looking after
be looking over
3. He made his children ______ their homework every afternoon.
4. The test was ____ difficult she had problems finishing it on time.
5. By the time she arrives, we ________________ our homework.
will have finished
6. The sun ______ at 9 last night.
7. When I stopped __________ to Mary, she was picking some flowers in her garden.
8. Despite ______________ hard, he failed the exam.
he has studied
9. That room _______________ for a meeting today.
is being used
10. We ____________ tennis every day when we were young.
use to play
were used to play
11. If I __________ you, I would wait a while to begin investing.
12. He'll give you a call as soon as he __________.
is going to arrive
13. I really didn't want to come last night. _______.
So do I
Neither do I
Neither I did
Neither did I
14. Do you think ___________ ?
does he know what he wants
he knows what he wants
he knows what does he want
what he wants he knows
15. I think San Francisco is ____ exciting ____ New York.
as ... as
so ... than
as ... than
so ... as
16. Why are your hands so dirty? - I _______________ in the garden.
was working have worked
have been working
17. Did you remember __________ the door?
18. Which model __________ 250 k.p.h.?
have gone going
19. That is the man __________ grandfather founded Kentucky Root Beer.
20. I could hardly ________ the ship in the distance.