جمعه 5 شهریور 1395
From the choices provided after each sentence select a word that would correctly complete the sentence. Submit the form using the SUBMIT APPLICATION button at the end of the exercise. Your score will be returned to you in a few seconds.
|Quizzes labeled "Practice Exercise" or "Additional Practice" are taken from the ancillary materials for Sentence Sense: A Writer's Guide, by Evelyn Farbman, and are used by the Guide for Grammar and Writing with the kind permission of the book's author and the publisher, Houghton Mifflin.|
2. Howard and Vincent, who ____________ a copy center in town, have decided to expand their business.
3. Both of the statues on the shelf ____________ broken.
4. The fishing boat that has been tied up at the pier for three days ____________ finally on its way this morning.
Remember that a subject and its verb are not always together.
5. The chairman, along with his two assistants, ____________ to attend the annual convention.
6. The issues of inflation and tax reform ____________ to be on everyone's mind.
7. Juan or Julian ____________ the conference room each week.
8. Not one of the performers ____________ at the party after the concert.
9. The results of the election ____________ not available for two days.
10. When there ____________ thunderstorms approaching, we are always reminded of the threat of tornadoes.