Select one answer from the choices provided after each sentence. The word you choose should fit the blank in the sentence.1. When one has been going to college for as long as he has, ____________ to think the college owes _______ a degree.
you start; you
one starts; one
he starts; him
2. Spring begins early in Tennessee. First, the forsythia bursts into blossom; then the dogwood trees _______ to bloom, and the redbud is soon in its glory.
3. The poetry of Robert Frost (1874-1963) often seems to suggest some kind of fate controls our lives. His essays, too, ____________ a similar malignant presence.
4. We have never seen this kind of impatience in the media before. ________ think it has something to do with the weather.
5. The climate of New Zealand can be a pleasure for you if _______ don't mind a little rain.
6. Aunt Mina wrote to tell us of her recent trip to California. She said it was a delightful journey on the plane. Seeing her brother again _________ a real treat.
7. When NYPD Blue went off the air in May, many viewers felt they had lost a friend in ________ own family.