پنجشنبه 18 شهریور 1395
- Hurricane season ___ June 1 and ___ November 30.
a. stops, moves
b. begins, ends
c. badly, worst
d. circles, runs
- A hurricane is a tropical storm with winds that ___ a constant speed of 74 miles per hour or more.
a. won't reach
b. could reach
c. have reached
d. can't reach
- The dangers of a storm ___ torrential rains, high winds and storm surges.
d. to include
- The strongest hurricane recorded was the Florida Keys Storm of 1935. 500 people ___ during this Category 5 storm.
a. has killed
b. were killed
c. not killed
d. are killing
- A Hurricane Watch ___ for a coastal area when there is a threat of hurricane conditions within 24-36 hours.
a. was issued
b. is issuing
c. is issued
d. isn't issued
- Category One storms ___ have some coastal road flooding and minor pier damage.
- Category Two hurricane winds ___ cause some roofing material, door, and window damage to buildings.
- Mobile homes ___ destroyed in Category Three hurricanes.
- Category Four storms ___ massive evacuation of residential areas inland as far as 6 miles.
d. to require
- Category Five hurricanes ___ cause complete roof failure on many residences and industrial buildings.